Port Finance International returns to Amsterdam on 11 & 12 April.
Returning to Amsterdam for the 2nd year, PFI Amsterdam 2017 will bring port finance, maritime, transport, infrastructure and industrial experts together to look how key European port players are responding to recent global industry trends.
Major trends such as ongoing consolidation in the shipping sector, deployment of mega vessels, changing growth patterns and modern intermodal strategies will result in the need for port and terminal stakeholders to re-adjust their strategies, to harness new opportunities for growth and expansion in the coming years. How to successfully implement port projects in light of these developments is the core focus of this year’s PFI Amsterdam conference.
PFI Amsterdam 2017 will place a spotlight on developments and growth plans in the European region, by bringing together over 100 experts from all parts of the port value chain - government bodies, port and terminal operators, shipping lines, intermodal operators, investment bankers and logistics service providers.
The event will take place at the Radisson Blu Amsterdam on Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 12 April 2017 and will cover 7 key sessions, plus a focused workshop:
- Impact of major alliances in the shipping sector on the port industry
- Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) as a response to today's market challenges in the port sector
- Consolidation trends between terminal operators
- Outlook for European port and terminal developments
- How to finance complex port projects
- Impact of mega vessels on port authorities’ port development strategies
- How to ensure bankability of large scale port project
- Workshop: PPP and port concessions
- Steven Bouckaert, Deputy General Manager, DEME
- Alex Brenninkmeyer, Member of the European Court of Auditors
- Lamia Kerdjoudj-Belkaid, Secretary General, Federation of European Private Port Operators and Terminals
- Tom Vermeiren, Senior Consultant Strategy & Finance, PwC
- Stephen Leeming, Partner, JLT Specialty
- Andrew Webster, Partner, JLT Specialty
- Tom Scheltjens, Maritime Economist, Projects Directorate, European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Anthony van der Hoest, Cluster Manager Logistics, Port of Amsterdam Authority
- Eleanor Hadland, Managing Consultant – Ports & Marine, AECOM
- William Holme, Vice President Port & Terminal Financing Group, DNB Bank
- Matthew Paul, Director, International Structured Finance, Banca IMI S.p.A
- Gavin Dow, General Manager - Strategy & Business Development, Modern Terminals
- Silvester Kasuku, Director General, LAPSSET Corridor Development Authority
- Bruno Valkeniers, Board Member Port of Antwerp International
- Alexander van den Bosch, Director, European Federation of Inland Ports (EFIP)
- Victor van Leengoed, Senior Manager, MTBS
- Alp Capa, Director, Arkas Port & Terminal Services Group
- Lars Nennhaus, Manager Sustainability Affairs, Duisport
- Wouter van Nus, Strategic Finance Management, Port of Rotterdam Authority
- Bas Kolenburg, Manager Business Development / Finance, Boskalis
- Johan-Paul Verschuure, Associate Director, Maritime & Logistics, WSP
Event Website: http://portfinanceinternational.com/pfiamsterdam2017
For over 7 years PFI has been providing the world’s ports and terminals community with information, news, must-attend conferences and tailored courses; focused on global port infrastructure investments and trends. Having run over 50 conferences and courses in this time, PFI has hosted more than 6000 leading maritime and transport experts. PFI continues to be one of the most valuable and sought after resources for issues related to port transactions, projects and related finance issues.
Cathy Hodge, Director, Port Finance International [email protected]