DIGITAL SHIP iSHIPPING CONFERENCE SET TO TAKE PLACE IN COPENHAGEN ON 1 & 2 MARCH 2017
Digital Ship iShipping Copenhagen 2017 has been developed to take a bird’s eye view of the technical developments and drivers we have seen emerging over the last few years. Across two days of keynote presentations, plenary sessions, panel discussions and round tables, we will look at how these are going to continue transforming the maritime industry.
Through four key sessions, we will ask how the industry is responding to change, investigate what technologies will stick, and consider what we can do to make full use of the innovation curve ahead of us.
Session 1: The Evolution of Smart Shipping
- Smart shipping - macroeconomic overview and defining the roadmap
- Smart shipping - innovations to drive efficiency, competitiveness and business advantage
- Panel discussion - reviewing the application of autonomous technologies across diverse industry sectors
Session 2: What Next for Big Data and IoT
- The impact of data and analytics on commercial shipping
- Effective strategies to translate Big Data into performance improvement
- Panel discussion - best practice approaches to predictive maintenance to maintain structural integrity
Session 3: Harnessing Disruptive Influence
- Harnessing disruptive innovation across the shipping industry
- What can shipping learn from other industries – case study examples
- Reviewing disruptive technologies: high throughput satellite communications, data analytics, greater
autonomy and robotics
- Evaluating how to prioritise and focus investment to maximise return
Special focus: Blockchain in Maritime
- Blockchain and its impact on the maritime industry
- Beyond the hype – the long term advantages and opportunities
Session 4: The Business of Digitisation
- How will digitisation transform the future maritime landscape?
- Exploring applications of digitisation
- Building the digital business case
*Please note topics may be subject to change
Event Website: http://www.copenhagen.thedigitalship.com/
ABOUT DIGITAL SHIP
For 17 years Digital Ship magazine has provided the digital community of the world's maritime industry with the latest news and developments, including satellite communications, software, navigation and electronics, to help keep shipping operating with maximum safety, efficiency and crew comfort.