Digital Ship’s Maritime CIO Forum Cyprus debates the future of iShipping in Limassol next Tuesday
The maritime industry is on the cusp of radical and far-reaching advances in technology, and there are ever increasing factors for shipping companies to consider. With this in mind, Digital Ship is pleased to be returning to Limassol for our Maritime CIO Forum.
This year the focus is on The Future of iShipping and how to address and harness the opportunities, challenges and questions advances in technology are posing to our industry.
The event will take place at Carob Mill Restaurants Ltd , Vasilissis Street (by the Limassol Castle) on Tuesday, 14th February 2017 and will cover 4 key sessions:
1. The Maritime Satcom Summit - Investigating the evolution of maritime connectivity
2. Managing Maritime Cyber Resilience - A look at maritime cyber security, safety and risk
3. Connect@Sea - Reviewing crew communications, training and welfare
4. The iShipping Revolution - How big data, IoT and analytics are bringing about a shift in smart shipping – and how can we harness disruptive influence to deliver innovation and opportunity
- Minister Mr Marios Demetriades, Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works, Republic of Cyprus
- Captain Eugen-Henning Adami, Managing Director, Mastermind Shipmanagement Ltd.
- Barbara Bersani, Head of Sales, Europe South and Middle East, Marlink
- Ronald Spithout, President, Inmarsat Maritime
- Rohit Tandon, Head of Operations/DPA, FML Ship Management Limited
- Adonis Violaris, Marketing Director, Interorient
- Manos Manoli, I.T Manager, Marlow Navigation Co. Ltd.
- Michael Owen, VP Business Capture & Development – Maritime, Marlink
- Captain Kyriakos Orros, HSSE Superintendent, SCF Group
- Kyle Hurst, Director Maritime Business, Iridium
- Petter Brandt, Consultant, Metapharos AB
- Giampiero Soncini, Director, Volaris Group
- Markus Schmitz, Executive Committee Member, InterManager
- Sotos Voskarides, Assistant Professor, Cyprus University of Technology
- Howard Hughes, CTO, Tototheo Group
- Rob O’Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
- Captain Andreas Constantinou, Lecturer, Frederick University
- Michalis Hadjistylianou, General Manager, OneNet Limited
- Panos G. Moraitis, CEO, Aspida
Event Website: http://www.cyprus.thedigitalship.com/
ABOUT DIGITAL SHIP
For 17 years Digital Ship magazine has provided the digital community of the world's maritime industry with the latest news and developments, including satellite communications, software, navigation and electronics, to help keep shipping operating with maximum safety, efficiency and crew comfort.